- Pecan nuts is a golden brown kernel with a beige inside and a contoured structure with a crunchy texture and sweet buttery flavour and is regarded as a favourable food and can be used for snacking as well as baking -
The farm Green Valley Nuts is situated east of the Orange river, near Prieska.
Our farming activities are 635 ha of planted pecans, 25% are currently bearing fruit and all hectare will be full bearing in 2028. We have 470 ha of pivots for cash crops mostly Maize crop.
We have a state of the art pecan processing plant that is unique to South Africa. From June 2014, we commence with pecan processing and we can process up to a hundred tons per month.
Our processes and systems in the processing plant are focus on food safety and quality.
Production of Pecan Nuts:
Our Pecan nuts are produced predominantly in the Northern Cape province of South Africa. This area has optimal weather and soil conditions for the growth of Pecan nuts as well as ample water supply. With South Africa situated in the Southern Hemisphere it causes our harvesting season to be from May to end of August.
Health benefits of Pecan Nuts:
- According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Pecan Nuts have the highest antioxidant content of all tree nuts and among the top 15 foods with the highest levels of antioxidants.
- Pecans are rich in fibre and therefore reduces coronary disease, coronary artery diseases, cancer and alzheimers disease
- Antioxidants are phytochemicals, vitamins and nutrients that protect our body cells from damage
- Contains more than 19 vitamins and minerals including: Vit A, B, E / Folic Acid / Calcium / Magnesium / Phosphorus / potassium and zinc
- Rich source of energy as it contains 690 calories per 100g
- Eating Pecan Nuts on a regular basis may help prevent coronary heart disease
- Help lower Cholesterol
- Help protect the mind from neurological disease like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson's
- Help with weight control.
Search our site
Sign-up to our newsletter